Five ways how Hollywood corrupted American history via the cowboys-and-Indians-westerns:
1. There is not a single confirmed report of an unprovoked Indian attack on a wagon train west of the Mississippi River;
2. The real reason wagons drew into a circle wasn't to defend against Indian attacks (see #1 above), but to keep livestock from straying at night.
3. The blood-curdling war cry ('woo-woo-woo-woo') was actually the feminine form of applause by Sioux and Ojibwe women. This ululation is common among women throughout the world as a greeting of respect and friendship.
4. Custer was an arrogant ignoramus who had it coming.
5. The ancestors of Native Americans had universities and brain surgery at a time when the ancestors of Europeans were living in mud-and-thatch huts.